- This event has passed.
Birding & Nature Hike at Nalle Bunny Run
June 26 @ 8:00 am – 10:30 am
Led by Mikael Behrens, Master Naturalist and Hill Country Conservancy volunteer, this hike offers a glimpse at the plants and animals on an environmental treasure on the banks of Lake Austin and provides insight into the important work of Hill Country Conservancy.
ABOUT THE HIKE
- The hike lasts 2.5 hours and is an easy, slow pace with frequent stops.
- All hikes are weather permitting
- There are no restroom facilities on the preserve
- Please leave all pets in the comfort of your home
- Feel free to bring your preferred binoculars and/or camera! We’ll also have binoculars if you need some.
ABOUT NALLE BUNNY RUN WILDLIFE PRESERVE
The 50-acre Nalle Bunny Run Wildlife Preserve is not only an environmental treasure, but an important habitat restoration project situated on the banks of the Colorado River. The preserve was donated to Hill Country Conservancy in December 2000 by the Nalle Family, who wished for years to preserve the beloved “Bunny Run” for the public to enjoy. The conservation management of this preserved Lake Austin waterfront and proximity to Austin make the Nalle Bunny Run Wildlife Preserve a visual and environmental masterpiece. Learn more.