HCC hosts several events throughout the year to promote its mission of conserving and preserving open spaces, scenic vistas, and natural habitats. EPIC events are generally for members only. If you are interested in volunteering beyond the opportunities listed, please contact us.
It is time to get out in nature, eat some great food, drink some beer, play some games, sing some songs, make new friends, and stay up real late with Emerging Professional in Conservation.
– Directions to Shield-Ayres Ranch will be emailed to the happy campers the week of the campout
– Arrival time is between noon – 4pm on Saturday. Campers arriving after that time will not be able to access the property.
– BRING YOUR OWN WATER – there is not a water source at the campground, so while we will be bringing enough for cooking and cleaning, we need campers to bring their own drinking water
– Please carpool! We are camping on an environmentally sensitive property in beautiful condition thanks to a generous landowner so we do not want to have excessive amounts of car traffic on the roads and in the parking area.
What to Bring:
– Camping supplies: tent, folding chairs, sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, etc.
– Flashlight or headlamp
– At least 2 gallons of water, a water bottle, and any extra beverages or snacks you may want
– A mug or cup
– Swimsuit (there is a small lake for swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc)
– Frisbees, cards, dominoes, hula hoops, games, instruments, etc.
Ticket link coming soon!