Agricultural Conservation Easement Program
Hill Country Conservancy is now accepting pre-applications for ACEP funding until 2/15/2020
Are you a conservation-minded rancher, farmer or wildlife enthusiast looking to enhance the water, soils or wildlife on your land? If so, you are in the right place. Hill Country Conservancy and its partners are now offering three land stewardship financial assistance programs as part of the Hill Country Headwaters Conservation Initiative (HCHCI).
ACEP is one of the three cost share programs offered by the Hill Country Headwaters Conservation Initiative through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP)—a program of the National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). ACEP has $2,100,000 available for the purchase of conservation easements from willing landowners. To qualify for this funding the NRCS will evaluate each application on the following criteria:
- The landscape – scale impact,
- Benefits to water resources and wildlife habitat,
- The land’s estimated long-term productivity estimate,
- The proximity to other protected land,
- The impending threat of encroaching development,
- The cost-effectiveness of an easement on the land,
- Consistency with regional conservation priorities.
- The location of the land falls within the designated region.
Hill Country Conservancy is now pre-screening applicants for eligibility for ACEP funding. To fill out the ACEP Pre-application click here.
For information regarding the entire application process, click here.