noun / well • spring / a source of continual supply
Ensure water & nature for Central Texans forever.
Join our monthly giving program.
By joining wellspring, you will provide…
- Wildflower seed packets for Violet Crown Trail beautification
- Materials for landowner outreach
- Website hosting for a year
- Onsite docent trail training for three volunteers
- Site visit with a prospective conservation easement donor
- Continuing education for four staff members
- VCT volunteer opportunities with skilled staff supervision
- Annual monitoring of an existing conservation easement
- One EPIC outdoor adventure outing
- Earth Day VCT guided hiking event
- Biological survey & documentation on a conservation project
- Spotlight on Conservation marketing materials
Make an investment in quality of life.
The region’s prosperity is inextricably tied to its natural landscape and quality of life. People – and companies – move here, and want to stay here, because it’s a wonderful, beautiful place to be; the future economic success of Central Texas and the Hill Country is tied to how well we balance our growth and the preservation of precious natural resources.
Access to Nature
Our access to nature is diminishing. We can create access to nature. Access that is going to be increasingly vital as more green space is consumed. The Violet Crown Trail, a 30-mile nature trail stretching from the heart of Austin’s Zilker Park south to the Wildflower Center and into Hays County, will offer unprecedented access to nature for all those who live, work and play in Central Texas.
Water is life. It’s the backbone of everything we do. Without a plentiful supply, our daily lives would look very different. With every development more green space is consumed and water resources strained, but Hill Country Conservancy knows how to fix this growing problem so that clean water is here forever.